Yes, I’m going there because you can’t discover something that already exists with thriving, self-sufficient inhabitants.
In honor of today, I thought I’d share a few of my favorite BW/NM (black woman/Native man pairings). I think this is a highly slept on coupling, and I hope you add these books to your TBR and read something new today! Let’s go!
- Red Sun by Raven St. Pierre: This was my very first read by this author, and it involves two brothers in love with the same girl (dum, da, dum, dum, duuuummmm…) This is a young adult story, but they have more sense than many of the adult triangles I’ve read. Solei meets one brother first but is instantly attracted to his brother. Whom will she choose? Jolon or Elan? I know who I’d choose…
- Leotiby Sienna Mynx: I don’t think I’ve read a sweeter love story than this…
View original post 410 more words
A Dose of Passion
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo Books | All Romance Books
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Published by: Harlequin Kimani Romance
Release Date: October 1, 2015
Length: 224 Pages
A prescription for sweet satisfaction…
Pediatrician Macy Carter has been so busy expanding her practice she’s had no time to build the family she craves. Her late, much-loved surrogate father apparently had some matchmaking in mind when he arranged for a sexy architect to take over his home and company. Too bad Derek is a single dad who’s been there, done that, and intends to remain unattached. Their priorities are totally out of sync. Their chemistry? Unbelievably potent.
Thanks to his former mentor, Derek Logan just inherited an architectural business, a house and the gorgeous client next door. He’s keeping away from forever relationships, but this doctor’s sensual touch is addictive. Helping Macy build…
View original post 1,164 more words
So…Where do I even begin?? This week’s musing is inspired by this review
of this book:
This “review” angers me on multiple levels:
- …this review is a warning to others like me who just can’t identify with the bw perspective
- Translation: I’m a close-minded bigot who really doesn’t care about anyone but me (and the ww perspective because I checked out the books you’ve actually claimed to have read and reviewed), so I’m warning my fellow bigots not to even bother cause, ya know, we’re just too stupid to open our minds to new experiences.
…At least this one mentions it before you buy it…Damn gotta return it…
- Translation: I’m a lying-ass heffa cause I didn’t read or buy the book. I just saw another really interesting-sounding book that I actually considered buying, but when my racist ass saw that it was a BWWM romance that the…
View original post 248 more words
I am a huge LaShawn Vasser fan, and what I love most about her is her range. Each new book is like a box of chocolates-you never know what you’re gonna get! Truthfully, she had me at the cover, and while this is a fictional account of one woman’s journey to self-discovery, it is also a precautionary tale of how not to get so absorbed in a man (husband or not), that you lose your complete sense of self.
Cree Jacobs is a southern gal through and through. She’s married to Cameron, a handsome blonde-haired, blue-eyed med student who’s in school hundreds of miles away in New York. Meanwhile Cree works multiple jobs back home to not only maintain a living where she is, but to also help support Cameron and his dream of becoming a medical doctor. Not only are these two dealing…
View original post 264 more words
In Detroit, strange things can happen.
What does a Duke, a Former Street Doctor & Prostitute and A Pimp with a very big gun have to do with one another in 21st City of Detroit?
Find out in Tanner’s Devil.
Can an urban woman find love in a world not her own? Or give it up and accept her fate with her ex-pimp?
Tanner’s struggling trying to get away from the gritty streets of Detroit she was born and raised on. With a pimp as an ex-boyfriend, who’s constantly trying to get her back in the business and back in his arms, Tanner knows she’s got to better her situation immensely and get out the city all together because Donetello just doesn’t want to let go. Yet, with less than twenty-four hours to raise a large amount of money, Tanner knows she has to either work her ass off literally…
View original post 734 more words
You know, an important part of my platform is to introduce you to new and/or first-time published authors because they’re out there! This edition of meet the author features someone new on the scene, and her name is Shantee Parks. Shantee’s debut novel (over 400 pages whew!) Samantha Posey: Love Unfolded is available now on Amazon and Kindle Unlimited. Add it to your TBR because your faves once started out as a newbie too 😉
Samantha Posey is a successful party planner who does what it takes to make the party a smash. She meets Jacob Latters, a successful business man, celebrity and billionaire playboy. Although women come a dime a dozen, he’s yet to meet one worthy of his time or his love.
Jacob has never met a woman like Samantha. Their encounter is one that will definitely change both of their lives. The sparks between the…
View original post 141 more words